Subway: A Short Poem

 

It was a metropolitan eve 

in a slumbering city.

Cities, they don't often sleep;

Rest? that's never in trend, 

but when they do I hold my breath,

and cease my steps

standing stationary on a station 

always in a perpetual motion.


There's so much air 

and so fewer people 

that I couldn't help but breathe a ton 

and zip some more for my memory.

Oh! How happy shall I be on retelling 

this "once-upon-a-time in a big old city"


It was slumbering for once, children

Oh yes! snoring too.

It was slumbering and skewed,

and you would've loved it.

If not in time, then perhaps, 

in words and tales of bygones

I shall take you on a merry expedition

in the subway of that snoring city

where everything, for once, 

was slumbering indeed!

-p.m.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts